pls.pet collects no data from users who do not have an account. If you do have an account, this website collects the following data:
- Your username
- Authentication information, such as a password hash
- Your time zone
- Which files you have uploaded, and the data and metadata (titles, descriptions, tags) associated with them
- Any information you provide in your profile
Data collection methods
Registered users directly provide pls.pet with all of the data it collects. It collects and processes data when you:
- Register for an account
- Log into an account
- Navigate through the website while logged in
- Upload a file
- View someone's profile page
How will we use your data?pls.pet collects your data so that it can:
- Restrict certain functions to authorized users (such as uploading and managing files)
- Prevent session hijacking
- Display information about the uploader of each file
- Show information on each user's profile page, including their username, uploaded files, and any information they wish to share
Passwords are not stored directly. Instead, secure, theoretically irreversible hashes are used to protect your login information in the event of a database breach.
The remainder of your data is not encrypted. Most of this is publicly accessible, such as your username and profile description, though this also includes uploaded files which have had their visibility set to "private" and your time zone.
pls.pet will keep most the aforementioned personal data perpetually until you either modify the data or delete your account. Session tokens may also be removed after they are used. Uploaded files and their associated metadata may be deleted by their uploaders at any time.
Account deletion through the web interface is not currently implemented, so you will have to write to the email listed in "How to contact us" section to request for your data to be deleted.
By default, deleting your account will not delete your uploaded files, but you can choose to do so if you wish. Note that you will not be able to delete your uploaded files after deleting your account, as neither the website nor its administrator(s) will be able to determine if they were truly uploaded by you.
What are your data protection rights?
This website's administrator(s) would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. While these are based on the rights conferred to citizens of the European Union by the General Data Protection Regulation, every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access — You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification — You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure — You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing — You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing — You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability — You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the email address provided in the "How to contact us" section.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information. If you are logged in, pls.pet may collect and process authentication information automatically through cookies. These cookies are only used to verify your identity and are not used to track you.
User settings, such as your time zone, are not stored in cookies. They are instead stored within the website's database.
How to manage cookies
You can instruct your browser to reject cookies or to delete any cookies you may already hold. The method for doing this is dependent on the browser you are using. If you choose to reject cookies from pls.pet, you will not be able to log in or access pages which require authentication.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
- host is patchmixolydic.com
- user is general
- The email address is user@host